Bench And Field Maintenance / Installation Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Radio Engineer with knowledge in Digital Radio Communications Equipment.
Experience with Systems and Distributed Antenna Networking is advantageous ( training will be given). DCRS work with major manufacturers and application partners that all offer training and will enable you to enhance your skill set.
- Have demonstrable experience working with DMR radio systems from Motorola Solutions and Hytera
- Have a strong working knowledge of Linux, IP and computer systems including TCP/IP, networking and command line
- Have working knowledge of radio dispatch solutions
- Conduct themselves in a positive and professional manner, both whilst in our offices and when working on customer’s sites
- Be able to provide clear and accurate reports to colleagues
- Be experienced in using a computer for everyday office-based tasks
- Be happy to consider trips away from home, whilst working on customer’s sites
The candidate will:
- Be comfortable working at height
- Value quality, accuracy and dedication as some of their key strengths
- Able to pass police and local authority vetting procedures. Applications may be subjected to an enhanced DBS check during the recruitment process
- Have a full and comprehensive grasp of the English language, and able to compile reports to colleagues and clients
- Bench Engineering – repairing / rectifying faults
- On-site Radio system installation, test and commissioning
- On-site Radio system fault tracing and rectification
- Travel to customers premises is expected
- Participation in call-out rota is required
- Liaison with clients, manufacturers and 3rd party suppliers
- Telephone/remote PC support for clients
- Technical administration and documentation
The ideal candidate must:
- Hold a valid UK driving license. Prepared to travel throughout the U.K. and willing to work flexible hours whenever necessary
- Maintain a strong commitment to customer care providing high levels of customer service
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Display good organisational skills, able to plan and prioritise tasks
- Company vehicle for business purposes with fuel card (If applicable)
- Uniform, Smart Phone, and Laptop provided
- Employer contributed Pension Scheme (subject to current legislation)
- 20 days Holiday p.a. (exclusive of Bank Holidays) increasing pro rata
DCRS Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Monday to Friday from 8.30AM to 5.30PM (with an hour for lunch), but you may need to be flexible if you are working away from the office
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary is negotiable
We are following all Government guides lines and advice within the workplace and whilst on customers sites.
Employees safety is of paramount importance at all times.
For further information or to apply, please contact Mr Steve Luscombe: email@example.com | 0800 043 2688