#Wirelesswednesday – iBeacons™ – Working with MOTOTRBO™ to deliver an efficient combined solution
Initially developed by Apple iBeacon™ is a communication protocol working through Bluetooth Smart technology. The beacons are the most popular and most robust on the market. Most recently Motorola Solutions Application Partners have developed applications to integrate this technology into MOTOTRBO™ E Series Radio System(s), giving you a low-cost geofencing solution.
Staff and assets can be located with this invisible geofencing technology so you can ensure your employees are in the right place at the right time.
How do they work?
These small, battery-operated units broadcast their unique identifier over Bluetooth. The radio continually listens for the iBeacons, and periodically sends a report over the MOTOTRBO™ data channel to the application.
- The coverage area of the iBeacons can be within the range of 1 to 80 meters; there is even a 200m range device (see below table).
- The iBeacons can be installed both indoors and outdoors.
- The number of the beacons installed determines the amount of area covered and the overall accuracy – The more beacons the radio reports, the more accurate the location fix will be.
The primary functions available using iBeacon™ technology are but not limited to:
- Guard Tour / Route Management
- Camera Detection
- Alarm / Intruder Management
- Asset Tracking
- Emergency / Lone Worker functionality
- Telemetry – Gate / Barrier / Key Management
Which radio systems will this solution work with?
They can integrate with your existing radio solution and with any of the above functions.
The iBeacon™ and geofencing technology will deliver an efficient combined solution allowing you to work with what you already have on site.
All iBeacons™ leverage the same firmware but their lifetime, form-factor or details differ depending on the application they are being utilised for
Talk To Us Today About How We Can Assist You In integrating your on site systems. Need Assistance With Your Radio System Or On A Technical Matter? We Are Suitably Qualified To Answer Any Questions You May Have. We Are Always Available Online To Chat With You. Alternatively, You Can Call Us On 0800 043 2688, Or Email Your Questions To Sales@Dcrs.Co.Uk
Product News – Motorola Solutions VX and EVX Series Two Way Radios
3rd May 2018
HEFMA Leadership Forum 2018
1st May 2018
DCRS News – April 2018
30th April 2018
Features + Benefits of the MOTOTRBO DP4000e Series Digital Two Way Radios
26th April 2018
What is a Resilient Radio System ?
5th April 2018