#Wirelesswednesday – iBeacons™ – Working with MOTOTRBO™ to deliver an efficient combined solution
Initially developed by Apple iBeacon™ is a communication protocol working through Bluetooth Smart technology. The beacons are the most popular and most robust on the market. Most recently Motorola Solutions Application Partners have developed applications to integrate this technology into MOTOTRBO™ E Series Radio System(s), giving you a low-cost geofencing solution.
Staff and assets can be located with this invisible geofencing technology so you can ensure your employees are in the right place at the right time.
How do they work?
These small, battery-operated units broadcast their unique identifier over Bluetooth. The radio continually listens for the iBeacons, and periodically sends a report over the MOTOTRBO™ data channel to the application.
- The coverage area of the iBeacons can be within the range of 1 to 80 meters; there is even a 200m range device (see below table).
- The iBeacons can be installed both indoors and outdoors.
- The number of the beacons installed determines the amount of area covered and the overall accuracy – The more beacons the radio reports, the more accurate the location fix will be.
The primary functions available using iBeacon™ technology are but not limited to:
- Guard Tour / Route Management
- Camera Detection
- Alarm / Intruder Management
- Asset Tracking
- Emergency / Lone Worker functionality
- Telemetry – Gate / Barrier / Key Management
Which radio systems will this solution work with?
They can integrate with your existing radio solution and with any of the above functions.
The iBeacon™ and geofencing technology will deliver an efficient combined solution allowing you to work with what you already have on site.
All iBeacons™ leverage the same firmware but their lifetime, form-factor or details differ depending on the application they are being utilised for
Talk To Us Today About How We Can Assist You In integrating your on site systems. Need Assistance With Your Radio System Or On A Technical Matter? We Are Suitably Qualified To Answer Any Questions You May Have. We Are Always Available Online To Chat With You. Alternatively, You Can Call Us On 0800 043 2688, Or Email Your Questions To Sales@Dcrs.Co.Uk
Step into the future with ICOM
23rd April 2019
Capture important moments with Hytera Bodycams
8th April 2019
DCRS ESPO Telecommunications Framework extended until 2021
3rd April 2019
Best Walkie Talkies for Schools
8th January 2019
Festive Opening Times
17th December 2018