DCRS have been trading for 30 years and are one of the Uk’s largest independent dealerships for Voice & Data Radio Communications Products & Applications. As part of our growth forecast, we now have an opening for an Apprenticeship in our Engineering Department to train to become a successful Radio Engineer.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Based at our HQ in St Ives, Cambridgeshire the role will involve working with radio communications equipment and in the future applications
- Learn skills such as; programming, fault finding and repairing of two-way radio equipment
- Provide engineering support working alongside our Senior Engineers on clients’ sites (E.g. visits, demonstration, training, installation and deployment)
- Assist in the maintenance and administration of databases used within the company to update clients repairs & equipment details
- Work with a variety of computer based software packages
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English Language and Maths
- Ambitious and passionate about digital technology
- Have a positive work ethic
- Desire to learn
- A talented problem solver, and able to multi task
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility in your working hours ( some jobs may require early starts and late finishes )
- Driving License ( beneficial but not necessary to begin with )
Monday to Friday from 8.30AM to 5.30PM (with an hour for lunch), but you may need to be flexible if you are away from the office.
DCRS work with major manufacturers and application partners that all offer training and will enable to you enhance your skill set. No previous experience is necessary.
For further information or to apply please contact Mrs Margaret Gordon – email@example.com | 01480 466300.
Product News – Motorola Solutions VX and EVX Series Two Way Radios
3rd May 2018
HEFMA Leadership Forum 2018
1st May 2018
DCRS News – April 2018
30th April 2018
Features + Benefits of the MOTOTRBO DP4000e Series Digital Two Way Radios
26th April 2018
What is a Resilient Radio System ?
5th April 2018